About the role
We are looking for forward thinking people to help us create amazing things! That's why we're recruiting for this UX Designer Placement role, which is designed for a university student looking for a year in industry as part of their degree.
You will be working within the Experience Design Team, designing new features on real projects for some huge clients of ours.
You will learn about our user-centred design process and how to practice ‘design thinking’ to help clients solve problems and deliver products and services that delight their customers and help them achieve their goals.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside some of the industry’s best designers and developers on some great projects. No two days are the same – our client list is wide and diverse – and we will ensure that you are on the front line, interacting directly with them.
We have a great retention rate for our placement students, many come back and work with us full-time straight out of University. Our current CTO Mark Starling started with us as a placement student and has worked his way to the top. We really do set you up for a career after graduation.
Here at MMT Digital we are not as corporate as some companies, we know that people thrive in a fun and vibrant working environment – so that’s just what we’ve created.
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Studying for a design-related degree
- Keen to develop your design thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate how you approach design projects
- Be a confident and articulate communicator
- Ability to understand the importance of involving users in the design process
- Passion for the broader field of design
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience in user research and analytics – to learn about user’s behaviour, goals, motivations and needs
- An understanding of user journey mapping and information architecture – to describe routes through products and define the best structure, language and labelling
- Experience in prototyping & wireframing – to describe the features, functionality and usability of products
- An interest in visual and interaction design – to bring prototypes to life and build engagement and delight with users
These skills are not a prerequisite, the role will help you learn and develop those areas.
What you'll get
Here at MMT Digital we care about the people that work with us, and we have tried to reflect this in our benefits package.
- Annual salary review
- Company bonus scheme
- An environment which supports and celebrates your personal development and growth
- The opportunity to join internal groups which foster innovation and technical excellence
- Lunch & Learn and Brown Bag sessions
- Magic moments – a personalised peer to peer reward recognition scheme
- Paid volunteering day, and support for fundraising activities
- A social events committee that organise social events throughout the year including our awesome Christmas party
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay, along with a new baby hamper to celebrate your new arrival
- Popcorn Pass Rewards
- Cakes for your birthday - everyone loves cake!
We are MMT Digital, a technical consultancy specialising in the delivery of effective digital solutions.
Join us and you’ll be part of our 170-strong UK team of experts who devise and deliver complex digital solutions to help our clients drive faster change.
We’ve spent the last 20 years working with organisations such as Bacardi, Vodafone and comparethemarket.com to digitally enable their businesses and help them drive the most value to their customers at speed and scale.
We work with CIOs, CTOs and Heads of Digital who need a trusted partner to augment their team with deep technical expertise and delivery capabilities. At the same time, we can upskill their in-house people through knowledge transfer and change management to create high performing teams. Our collaborative approach means our teams – whether working onsite, offsite or a combination of the two - build open and genuine relationships with our clients that bring success faster.
We became part of Be Heard Partnership in 2016, and have been rated the UK’s most recommended digital partner by clients for the last five years (The Drum Recommends) and picked up seven awards, including the prestigious Grand Prix, in 2018.