We’re MMT Digital. We create digital solutions that transform business performance.
We’re strategists, analysts, problem solvers, creators, originators, designers and builders – we’re digital visionaries. We get to the what, why and how of game-changing digital solutions that transform business performance.
We adopt a single team approach to build powerful and transparent relationships with our clients. We’re agile, enabling the delivery of our clients’ digital solutions, fast. We’re winners, consistently picking up recognition wherever we go, especially at The Drum Recommended Digital Agency Awards.
We’re a team with an itch for knowledge and continuous improvement. We’re a group of people with a burning desire to show how digital can transform business performance. We’re energetic, engaged, collaborative, calm, reliable, smart and friendly. We’re also a very sociable bunch.
When you read through our job advert, remember that we are more interested in you as a person than a checklist on your CV! If you feel there are skills we’re asking for that you don’t have yet, but have the passion and commitment to develop, we'd love for you to tell us about how you’re devoted to digital!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a Technical Product Owner (TPO) who has experience of leading teams to deliver digital products and services in an agile environment. At MMT Digital, our TPOs work on a varied range of digital web based projects including CMS implementations, web applications, ecommerce platforms, mobile apps and microsites for a range of clients.
We are looking for someone to be that all important bridge between the client and the development teams. This starts from the beginning of the project, where you would work with the product owner (from the client) to understand their vision and what success means for them. You would then ensure alignment between the business, design and development streams throughout delivery. You will be working with Project Managers to follow an agreed strategy to support activities throughout the project delivery process.
You will be joining one of the leading Design & Build agencies within the UK, during an exciting period of growth and expansion, and will play a fundamental role in helping us achieve this.
You will be:
- Responsible for the delivery of user stories and ensuring the development team have a refined backlog that adheres to our quality standards and the Definition Of Ready (DOR)
- Supporting and coaching the client product owner in accordance to SCRUM practices and MMT Digital standards.
- Attending all Project Health check meetings to ensure that the risk management on the project is effective and supporting the PM in the management of technical risks to the project
- Responsible for the consideration of budget, agreed scope and time during the development of the product. With a focus on lean product development.
- Working with the MMT Digital Project Manager to manage client expectations on their projects in order to ensure that the client is satisfied and that the project is delivered on budget.
- De-risking project delivery by facilitating product delivery burndown sessions known as “Landing the plane”
- Liaising with the Experience Design team to ensure lean creative and UX is provided to the teams when required in order to help with the generation of user stories.
- Working with the development team and ensuring the technical direction is aligned to the product vision.
- Having a responsibility for escalating team velocity, capacity and competency issues.
- Expected to liaise with architects, senior developers, test engineers regarding quality and performance of the product.
Ideally, you’ll have the following skills:
- Experience in the successful commercial delivery of digital products and solutions
- Certified SCRUM Product Owner
- Deep understanding of agile project management and software delivery methodologies.
- Good understanding of MMT Digital best practices for agile delivery
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Confident client communication and stakeholder management.
- Knowledge of quality processes and risk management techniques.
- Strong leadership skills. With a focus on motivating teams in a collaborative environment.
- High-levels of self-motivation and attention to detail.