Once we feel it’s safe, we’ll be reopening our offices in Leeds, London and Uppingham. Our team will have the choice to continue to work remotely (within the UK), from one of our offices, or a combination of the above.
We just ask that you’re flexible to travel to the office or client sites as required. You’ll be able to confirm your preference on the application form.
What you'll do
As a Senior Server-Side Engineer at MMT Digital, you’ll be driving the development of projects with a focus on ASP.NET & .Net Core technologies and ensuring a high level of technical quality in the delivery of trusted solutions to a diverse range of clients.
You’ll have the opportunity to support and mentor engineers to ensure best practices and governance are applied throughout development. As part of your role, you’ll perform code reviews/pull requests with the team and work with Technical Architects and Product Owners to define the technical strategy and vision for the projects you are working on. Other things you could be doing include helping product owners refine user stories on agile projects; liaising with the Front-End and Systems Engineers to ensure efficient, cohesive code is delivered; inputting towards the best practices, community and vision of the wider Engineering team at MMT.
As part of your application for this role, to accompany your CV we will be asking you to describe, in a few paragraphs, the impact you believe a Senior Engineer should have within a development team.
What you'll bring
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Great commercial experience working with complex project in ASP.NET Technologies using C#
- Experience of delivering ASP.NET MVC
- Detailed understanding of Web Services and Web API (SOAP, RESTful, RPC)
- Experience with SQL Server Creating and Analysing T-SQL Queries, Performance Tuning, DB maintenance plans and Deploying Databases
- A desire to learn with a willingness to work as an agile team to get projects over the line
- Excellent people skills; demonstrably team- and client-focused
- Experience of working in an agile environment
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- Experience of Cloud Hosting such as Azure or AWS
- Database design, setup and administration
- Experience and understanding of working with a CMS such as Kentico or Contentful
- Experience of .NET Core technologies
- Commercial experience of working in an agency setting
- NodeJS, SASS and NPM experience would be great but not essential
What you'll get
Here at MMT Digital we care about the people that work with us, and we have tried to reflect this in our benefits package:
- Annual salary review and company bonus scheme
- An environment which supports and celebrates your personal development and growth
- The opportunity to join internal groups which foster innovation and technical excellence
- Lunch & Learns and Brown Bag sessions where we come together to discuss interesting topics
- Magic moments – a personalised peer to peer reward recognition scheme
- Paid volunteering day, and support for fundraising activities
- Cycle to work scheme and a personal carbon offsetting salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to Health Assured, our free Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave and pay, along with a hamper to celebrate your new arrival
- Access to a range of rewards and benefits through the Digital Perks platform
- A social events committee that organise social events throughout the year
What motivates us
Everything we do is driven by our 3 core Values – Fairness, Commercialism and Quality.
These values influence our ways of working, how we treat each other, and how we engage with our clients. They also guide and shape our behaviours. This means we know what we stand for and we recognise the behaviours that we don’t tolerate - including discrimination, bullying and intimidation.
We also know that our best work happens when we feel valued, supported, and recognised as the individuals we are. So we’re working hard to continue celebrating the diversity of our team, and are committed to growing this further. We encourage our team to talk confidently and passionately about what matters to them, inspiring them to share their knowledge and experiences. We also facilitate this through our internal information hubs and regular informal learning opportunities.
Our team are empowered to be solutions focused, commercially curious, and to be agile by nature. We show understanding, we don’t blame, we learn and we have fun!
Who we are
MMT Digital helps clients build digital products that transform business performance.
Part agency, part consultancy, we are leaders in combining technology, experience design and lean product delivery, supporting senior technology leaders to digitally enable their businesses.
We work with clients such as Bacardi, Vodafone, BP and comparethemarket.com to digitally enable their businesses and help them drive the most value to their customers at speed and scale. Our collaborative approach means we build open and honest relationships that bring success faster, working with clients in high performing distributed teams.
Acquired by MSQ in 2020, MMT Digital has been rated the UK’s most recommended digital partner by clients for the last seven years (The Drum Recommends) and picked up an impressive six awards in 2020.
We’ve committed to reducing our carbon footprint to become Net Carbon Negative in 2020. Our company pledge supports and influences our people and our clients, and also encourages other businesses to join our Net Carbon Negative Movement.