About the role
We’re looking for forward thinking people to help us create amazing things! That's why we're recruiting for this Cloud Engineer Placement role, which is designed for a university student looking for a year in industry as part of their degree.
The MMT Systems team facilitate the set-up, management and configuration of infrastructure, deployment and build processes, endorsing a culture of operational ownership across the Development effort.
Using traditional hosting through to more modern methods, you’ll be supporting the networking and infrastructure of ongoing projects as well as diagnosing and fixing build pipeline issues. You’ll be responsible for looking after the service desk – which will include dealing with access requests, database backups and sites going down.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn with some of the industry’s best DevOps Engineers – including one of the world’s 5,000 AWS Cloud Architects.
As we are a Digital Agency, you’ll have the benefit of working on a variety of projects – no two days are the same! We have a helpful and open working environment and team, which means that you can easily have conversations and sit-downs with managers across all levels for support and advice.
We also ensure you’re on the frontline, speaking and interacting with clients. Students on this placement often come back and work with us full-time, straight out of University - we really set you up for a career after Graduation!
One such success story is that of our current CTO (Chief Technical Officer) Mark Starling, he joined as you will be, and in a matter of 10 years he worked his way up to CTO!
Here at MMT Digital we aren’t as corporate as some companies. We know that people thrive in a fun working environment – so that’s just what we’ve created!
In order to flourish in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Be an individual who is highly motivated
- Share our mission and our values
- Have a thirst for knowledge
- Be working on a Computer Science or Engineering or any equivalent degree
- Have a basic knowledge of any programming language
- Be able to demonstrate a positive and team-focused attitude to work, both internally and with clients
It would also be great (but not essential) if you have:
- A deeper knowledge of cloud computing (AWS/Azure)
- Experience of Azure DevOps or other CI/CD tooling
- Already developed and deployed a project to AWS or Azure
- Some experience with Powershell or Python
- Experience with Git/source-control management
- Experience with setting up web-servers like Apache, IIS, Nginx
What you'll get
Here at MMT Digital we care about the people that work with us, and we have tried to reflect this in our benefits package.
- Annual salary review
- Company bonus scheme
- An environment which supports and celebrates your personal development and growth
- The opportunity to join internal groups which foster innovation and technical excellence
- Lunch & Learn and Brown Bag sessions
- Magic moments – a personalised peer to peer reward recognition scheme
- Paid volunteering day, and support for fundraising activities
- A social events committee that organise social events throughout the year including our awesome Christmas party
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay, along with a new baby hamper to celebrate your new arrival
- Popcorn Pass Rewards
- Cakes for your birthday - everyone loves cake!
We are MMT Digital, a technical consultancy specialising in the delivery of effective digital solutions.
Join us and you’ll be part of our 170-strong UK team of experts who devise and deliver complex digital solutions to help our clients drive faster change.
We’ve spent the last 20 years working with organisations such as Bacardi, Vodafone and comparethemarket.com to digitally enable their businesses and help them drive the most value to their customers at speed and scale.
We work with CIOs, CTOs and Heads of Digital who need a trusted partner to augment their team with deep technical expertise and delivery capabilities. At the same time, we can upskill their in-house people through knowledge transfer and change management to create high performing teams. Our collaborative approach means our teams – whether working onsite, offsite or a combination of the two - build open and genuine relationships with our clients that bring success faster.
We became part of Be Heard Partnership in 2016, and have been rated the UK’s most recommended digital partner by clients for the last five years (The Drum Recommends) and picked up seven awards, including the prestigious Grand Prix, in 2018.
* We can help cover travel expenses if you're attending an interview with us. The Recruitment team will give you more information as you move through our process.