We’re MMT Digital. We create digital solutions that transform business performance.
We’re strategists, analysts, problem solvers, creators, originators, designers and builders – we’re digital visionaries. We get to the what, why and how of game-changing digital solutions that transform business performance.
We adopt a single team approach to build powerful and transparent relationships with our clients. We’re agile, enabling the delivery of our clients’ digital solutions, fast. We’re winners, consistently picking up recognition wherever we go, especially at The Drum Recommended Digital Agency Awards.
We’re a team with an itch for knowledge and continuous improvement. We’re a group of people with a burning desire to show how digital can transform business performance. We’re energetic, engaged, collaborative, calm, reliable, smart and friendly. We’re also a very sociable bunch.
When you read through our job advert, remember that we are more interested in you as a person than a checklist on your CV! If you feel there are skills we’re asking for that you don’t have yet, but have the passion and commitment to develop, we'd love for you to tell us about how you’re devoted to digital!
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Java Developer to help establish our Java development team. They will be joining one of the leading digital agencies within the UK and will play a fundamental role in helping the agency continue to grow.
This exciting opportunity will allow the successful candidate to contribute to the design, build and implementation of a Java enterprise systems. In their first project, reporting directly to the Technical Architect, the successful candidate will be delivering an application to automate the management of large scale product data as part of an accelerator scrum team for a FTSE 100 TELCO client.
Ideally, you’ll have the following skills:
- In-depth and hands on enterprise experience of Java 8 development
- In-depth experience of Oracle 12.1 Database design, PL/SQL programming and administration.
- Java Experience with SOA architecture and a detailed understanding of Microservices and functional based programming
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and developing from data contracts
- Experience of working in an Agile Scrum team
- Experience in unit testing, mocking and dependency injection in a TDD environment
- Good people skills and the ability to interact effectively with other members of the team and clients
- Confident, friendly, sociable and enthusiastic
- Able to react to change rapidly and prioritise
- Proactive and doesn’t require direction
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Experience with the Oracle Fusion Middleware suite of software (WebCenter Sites, Coherence + others)
- Jenkins CI
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
What you’ll get
Here at MMT Digital we care about the people that work with us, and we have tried to reflect this in our benefits package.
- Annual salary review
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- A subsidised company-wide Christmas party, which in previous years has been in Lisbon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Copenhagen and Rome.
- A social events committee that organise social events throughout the year
- Magic moments – a personalised peer to peer reward recognition scheme
- Celebration cakes for your birthday - everyone loves cake!
- And much more