We’re MMT Digital. We create digital solutions that transform business performance.
We’re strategists, analysts, problem solvers, creators, originators, designers and builders – we’re digital visionaries. We get to the what, why and how of game-changing digital solutions that transform business performance.
We adopt a single team approach to build powerful and transparent relationships with our clients. We’re agile, enabling the delivery of our clients’ digital solutions, fast. We’re winners, consistently picking up recognition wherever we go, especially at The Drum Recommended Digital Agency Awards.
We’re a team with an itch for knowledge and continuous improvement. We’re a group of people with a burning desire to show how digital can transform business performance. We’re energetic, engaged, collaborative, calm, reliable, smart and friendly. We’re also a very sociable bunch.
When you read through our job advert, remember that we are more interested in you as a person than a checklist on your CV! If you feel there are skills we’re asking for that you don’t have yet, but have the passion and commitment to develop, we'd love for you to tell us about how you’re devoted to digital!
About the role
MMT Digital’s DevOps team is a critical part of the business; designing, building and configuring the cloud infrastructure across well-known providers such as Azure and AWS, and building continuous integration and deployment processes required for delivering solutions we build for our clients. They are also responsible for enabling delivery teams to adapt the DevOps culture within individual scrum teams, with a long-term goal of building self-organising teams capable of managing releases themselves, without having to rely on a separate release team. The ability to deploy quickly, with confidence, is fundamental to the agile delivery methods used amongst our delivery teams.
In this role, you’ll have a strong vision for how the team will continue to evolve to enable our delivery teams to succeed; this could include the services the team offers through to the roles and structure of the team. Your day to day will see you supporting our Delivery Teams through strong and proactive management of work delivered through our DevOps team, as well as supporting our account leads in defining and scoping work with our clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Delivery Teams in dealing with incident management requests, proactively escalating and monitoring any impediments to the progression of priority work
- Coordinating the amalgamation of backlogs from the different Delivery Teams each sprint, and scheduling any sessions required to refine the backlog of work
- Use, and maintain, prioritisation criteria to support the prioritisation of planned and ad-hoc work
- Ensuring high utilisation, forecasting and recruiting when new hires are needed, and when a decline in projected work is anticipated
- Joining the Delivery Team’s respective Work Resourcing meetings for the coordination and prioritisation of work for the week
- Regularly reviewing and improving the processes and tooling used to plan, refine and deliver work through the team and then communicating any changes to the relevant stakeholders
- Support with the coordination of onboarding of new clients
- Regularly reviewing the services we offer, ensuring they are fit for purpose and moving with the industry
- Supporting New Business and the Delivery Teams in positioning and scoping our DevOps services and designing solutions for clients
- Providing operational reporting on KPIs with recommended actions